Airtel Family Share: Hello friends in this article we are sharing about how to share your Airtel data with your family and friends. In this article, we are clearly mentioned total details about Airtel data share with family. Airtel is one of the leading mobile networks in India. Recently Airtel launched 4G LTE network in all over India. So many Airtel subscribers facing 3G/4G data sharing issue. So we are providing a clear process below.
Because our father or family members can’t able to use those data 100% as we use it. That is Why Airtel Family Share service comes into play.
- Just go to the portal of Airtel Family Share
- Enter your Mobile Number there, you will get OTP.
- Enter your OTP there.
- Add your Phone Numbers.
How to Transfer Airtel 3G/4G Internet Data Balance:
Just follow the steps to transfer your airtel prepaid account 3G/4G internet Data balance to another mobile number. For the detailed information about the service, you can read term and conditions.
- You can Dial *129*101# or Visit below URL
- Airtel Internet Data Share Official Page.
- Now Enter your airtel mobile number and log in with OTP (One Time Password).
- After entering OTP this type of window will show you, that is shown in below image.
- SMS SHARE to 121
- Add Numbers to Airtel Family Share by sending: ADD<space>Number send to 121.
- That is it.
- Send 10MB Data by Dialing: *141*712*11*Number#
- Send 25MB Data by Dialing: *141*712*9*Number#
- Send 60MB Data by Dailing: *141*712*4*Number#
- The ‘MyAirtel Family’ service allows a prepaid user to create a ‘family’ of up to five (5) members including himself/ herself and share his/her 3G or 4G data pack with them. No sharing of 2G data packs is allowed.
- The ‘MyAirtel Family’ service is free, i.e., there are no charges for creating a ‘family’.
- All members of the ‘family’ must be Airtel prepaid customers from the same telecom Circle (please note that Mumbai, Maharashtra, Kolkata, West Bengal, Uttar Pradesh (East), Uttar Pradesh (West), Chennai and Tamil Nadu each constitute an independent Circle.
- A prepaid user cannot create more than one ‘family’ simultaneously. Similarly, a prepaid user can be a member/ beneficiary of only one ‘family’ simultaneously.
- The user creating a ‘family’ (hereinafter referred to as “Owner“) will not require the consent of other users to add them to a ‘family’. However, an added user (hereinafter referred to as “Member“) may remove him/herself from the ‘family’ at any point in time by sending SMS <DEL> <space> <10 digit mobile number> to 121 or by logging on to www.airtel.in/family.
- When a Member removes him/herself from a ‘family’, the Owner will be notified by SMS.
- All Members will have unrestricted access to the shared data pack of the Owner. The Owner acknowledges and agrees that once a ‘family’ has been created, he/ she will not be able to restrict data usage of individual Members from the Owner’s data pack. Also, the Owner cannot allocate a portion of his/her data pack for sharing and once shared, the Owner’s entire data pack is available to the Members.
- In respect of the shared data pack, neither the Owner nor any Member will be able to monitor any Member’s or Owner’s usage behaviour or quantum of usage, whether in aggregate for all Members or for an individual Member and will not be provided any Member’s usage information even from Airtel customer service or through other channels.
- Once a ‘family’ has been created, every 3G or 4G data pack recharge of the Owner will be automatically shared with the ‘family’, until the Owner deletes the ‘family’.
- The Owner may delete the ‘family’ in whole or in part, at any point in time and no consent will be required from any Member. A deleted member will be notified of deletion by SMS.
- A Member’s existing or subsequently added data pack (whether 2G, 3G or 4G or handset bundled offers), i.e. whether recharged prior to addition to the ‘family’ or when part of a ‘family’, will be fully used prior to the Member being able to use the Owner’s shared data pack.
- Service Specific Data Packs of the Members (such as Facebook, WhatsApp etc.) will be consumed in place of the Owner’s shared data when the member is accessing the specific service.
- Night Store Data Packs (Daily Night Packs), any service specific packs (such as WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, etc), handset bundled offers, any free data provided by Airtel and 2G packs are not shareable. In case of Unlimited 3G packs that are being shared, the Owner will get throttled post the Data Limit on the pack. The Members of the Family, will not have access to Unlimited Data at Throttled speeds and will move on to charging from their other own accounts.
- Any night cashback earned through consumption of the shared data will be credited back as shared data only and shall also be shareable.
- When the shared data balance reaches thresholds of 100 MB, 50 MB and 10 MB, 0 MB, SMS warning alerts will be sent to all members of the family.
- When the shared data account gets exhausted, users who attempt a browsing session that might be charged from their individual account balance for their internet usage; will be notified with a Pre-Session USSD popup as well.
- If any member of the family, moves out of the Airtel Network of that particular circle to another network or Airtel network in another circle, they will be removed from the MyAirtel family automatically.
- The entire MyAirtel family will automatically cease to exist in event of any of the following;a. The Owner ceases to be an Airtel subscriber
b. The Owner converts to Airtel postpaid
c. The Owner moves to another Airtel Circle through MNP